Below is a list of available resources we recommend to military veterans when seeking employment. The links below provide tools that can assist during a job search and career transition to the civilian workplace.
- O*Net Online: A website designed to assist you translate your military skills to their equivalent in the civilian workforce. This is helpful when writing a resume.
- CareerSource Northeast Florida: Provides resources on interview preparedness, tips on building a network, preparing for Skype interviews, etc.
- North Central Florida CareerSource Veteran Services: Assist veterans with employment and training needs. Services include: assistance with creating resumes, conducting job searches, applying for jobs, and information about veteran’s benefits.
- My Next Move: Is a portal that can help you learn more about different job industries and find jobs related to your military experience. Additionally, it provides insight on the outlook and education/experience needed for specific job industries.
- Hire Heroes USA: Hire Heroes USA offers Free Resume Services for transitioning military members and their spouses. It also offers job search assistance, transition assistance, and a variety of templates.
- Learn How to Become: Provides useful resources for resume writing, interviewing readiness, and overcoming challenges and opportunities in the job search.
- Military.com: Provides a variety of services for veterans when seeking employment. Services include: career advice, job hunting, interviewing tips, military transition and more!