You have questions we have answers! Please visit the FAQ For Applicants to learn more about how to apply for a job at UF, types of jobs available, the interview, hiring process and more!
Account Settings in Careers at UF
- How do I set up an account in the Careers at UF system?
To create an account, click “Apply Now” button on the position you are interested in. You will be prompted to enter a valid email address to create an account. On the “Personal Details” section of the application, you will create a password that you will continue to use each time you log in to your account. Please use the same email address each time you apply for a position. This will assist UF in processing your application as quickly as possible.
- Can I update my name, email, or my address on my account?
Yes, when you are login into the applicant site, you can update your profile information by clicking on the Update profile tab on the top right-hand side of the home screen.
Language in Job Postings
- What is the time frame of a Time Limited position?
Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available. A time-limited position has the same rights as a position with a regular appointment modifier, except such position does not have rights provided for layoff and/or recall. If funding ends, the employee is given a 45-day notice period.
- Does UF sponsor employment visas for staff positions?
Yes, the University as an institution does offer visa sponsorship; however, that is done at the discretion of each hiring department. In the event that the hiring department offers an applicant visa sponsorship additional information will be required. Most visa processes usually last 4-6 months, in some cases longer.
Prior to Submitting Your Application
- What are the acceptable file formats for attached documents?
The supported file extensions for document uploads in the Careers at UF system are: .doc, .docx, .docm, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .htm, .html, .msg, .dat, .csv, and .pgp. Your documents will have to be saved in one of these formats in order to upload them to your application.
- To whom should I address my cover letter?
You do not need to address your cover letter to a particular individual unless indicated in the instructions to applicants found on the job posting.
- How do I upload documents to my application with Dropbox or Google Drive?
Simply click the button for either option to sign into your account and select the file you wish to use. You may be prompted with a dialog to allow the system to access the documents in your account. Click the "Accept" button to ensure that you can upload documents into your application.
- What kind of documents can I upload from Dropbox or Google Drive?
The supported file extensions for document uploads are: .doc, .docx, .docm, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .htm, .html, .msg, .dat, .csv, and .pgp. Any document that has been uploaded to Google Drive and converted to a Google Doc format will be treated as a PDF.
- Why can't I see the Dropbox or Google Drive buttons?
Please note that Dropbox and Google Drive are not supported in a number of older browsers, specifically Internet Explorer 6 and 7. Google Drive is also not available in Internet Explorer 8.
- Can I upload from my mobile device?
From a mobile perspective, the Dropbox option is available on iOS and Android devices, but is only available on Windows Mobile devices if Internet Explorer website preferences are set to display as "desktop version". The Google Drive option is available on iOS and Android devices, but is not available on Windows Mobile devices.
- How does the hiring process work?
If you possess the basic qualifications for the position, as indicated by your application, your information will be reviewed by the hiring authority or search committee, as applicable. Upon the hiring authority or committee’s review of your qualifications, you may be contacted for an interview. If you successfully complete the interview process, the hiring department will check references, conduct a background check, and perform post-offer testing as required.
- How will I know my status on my application?
The recruitment process can take several weeks. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the hiring department. If the position is filled or cancelled, you will receive an email notification. You will also receive a notification if you were not selected for an interview. You can check the status of your application at any time by logging in to your account and viewing your submitted application.
- What is the average timeframe between when a position closes and when interviews begin?
The time frame varies greatly and is based on numerous factors such as the volume of applicants, the department’s schedule, the need for the job etc. Unfortunately, because of the numerous variables it is impossible to gauge how long the hiring process will take. We recommend checking the status periodically for any updates to the requisition.
- What does my application status mean?
- Under Review: the recruitment process is still underway, and your application is still being reviewed
- Incomplete: your application has not been completed or submitted for the position
- Posting Canceled: the position you applied for is no longer being recruited
- Withdrawn: you have removed your application for consideration
- Not Hired: your application is no longer under consideration for the position
- How can I add documents to my application, or make changes to a document that I have already uploaded to my application?
Applicants should ensure all requested materials have been uploaded and attached successfully before submitting the application.
Prior to the deadline of the job posting, you can choose to withdraw your application by clicking the red Withdraw button and resubmitting an application for that particular job posting. This will allow you to add or edit documents attached to your application. You will need to ensure that you resubmit your application before the application deadline, once you have edited your documents.
- Can I withdraw my application once I have submitted it for a specific job posting?
Yes, you may withdraw your application at any time. Log in to your account and click the red button labeled Withdraw. If you would like to resubmit your application, you must do so prior to the deadline of the job posting.
- I made a mistake in my application. How do I correct it?
Prior to the deadline of the job posting, you can choose to withdraw your application by clicking the red Withdraw button and resubmitting an application for that particular job posting. This will allow you to edit your application. You will need to ensure that you resubmit your application before the application deadline, once you have edited your application.
Job Opportunities with UF Partners
- I’m interested in positions at UF Health. How do I apply and/or check the status of my application?
UF Health is composed of four different institutions, each with their own Human resources department and job application process. To apply or check your application status, or to find more information, please visit http://jobs.ufhealth.org/careers/, select the appropriate institution, and follow application instructions.
- I’d like to apply for a food service position. How can I do this?
All food service positions at UF are hired through Aramark, and they can be reached by visiting: https://www.gatordining.com/employment.